PRESS RELEASE: Best in biogas celebrated at industry awards ceremony
- 16 awards presented for innovation and best practice in AD and biogas worldwide
- Black-tie ceremony took place at end of first day of world’s largest biogas tradeshow
- Biogas can reduce global greenhouse gas emissions by 20% worldwide
The most exciting innovations in anaerobic digestion (AD) and biogas were celebrated in style last night at the AD & Biogas Industry Awards Ceremony 2018.
16 different awards were presented to the companies and individuals who have made the greatest contribution to delivering the benefits of AD and biogas across the UK and around the world.
The ceremony was jointly organised by the UK Anaerobic Digestion & Bioresources Association (ADBA) and the World Biogas Association (WBA), and was held at the end of the first day of UK AD & World Biogas Expo 2018, the world’s largest tradeshow dedicated solely to AD and biogas.
ADBA Chief Executive Charlotte Morton said:
This ceremony was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the very best in AD and biogas in the UK and beyond. The UK AD industry has had a difficult few years but there are now some very bright lights at the end of the tunnel, so this was a perfect moment to celebrate triumph in the face of adversity and to look forward to an exciting new future for what is such an important industry for meeting the UK’s climate targets and improving food and energy security.
WBA President David Newman said:
It was great to see people travel from all four corners of the globe to recognise excellence in the development of biogas technologies worldwide. There’s a huge amount we can learn from each other in terms of innovation and best practice, and the AD & Biogas Industry Awards gave us all the chance to hear about the most exciting projects in this growing global industry.
AD is a natural biological process that converts organic wastes and energy crops into renewable heat and power, clean transport fuel, and nutrient-rich biofertiliser. AD has the potential to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions by around 20% and can help to meet nine of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The full list of winners from the ceremony is as follows:
- Best Food Waste Supply Chain Project – FareShare, ‘No Good Food Should Go To Waste’
- Best Process Optimisation in AD – Xergi/Stream Bioenergy, Tully Biogas Plant, Ballymena
- Making the Most of Digestate – Veenhuis Machines B.V., Veenhuis Nutri-flow and the Rotomax
- Making the Most of Biogas – Cryo Pur, Greenville Bio-LNG plant
- AD Hero of the Year – Thomas Minter, Malaby Biogas
- AD Team of the Year – Edina
- Best AD Support (Technical) – Uniflare Group, Oscar Bio-energy Hong Kong
- Best AD Support (Legal, Accounting, Consulting) – Aardvark EM Limited, AD Benchmarking and Improvement Team
- Research Project Award – Exergyn Limited, The Exergyn Drive
- Best Innovation in Biomethane – SGN, Portsdown Hill: The Remote Grid Entry Hub
- AD Rising Star – Alex Todhunter, Iona Capital
- Best Methane or Ammonia Emissions Management Project – HoSt, Recovering Minerals from Manure and Reducing Ammonia Emissions
- UK AD Plant Manager of the Year – Shane Doherty, Granville Ecopark
- Best UK On-Farm AD Plant – BioG UK, Agrogen, Staffordshire
- Best UK Food Waste AD Plant – Agrivert Ltd, Agrivert North London AD Facility
- Best International Agricultural Plant – SIAT, First Large Scale AD & Biogas Plants in West Africa: A Hope for the Palm Oil Sector
Those who were highly commended were:
- Best Food Waste Supply Chain Project – Biogas Academy, Dr Rapp´s Recipe for Biogas: Making Better Use of Stockholm Hospital Food Waste
- Best Process Optimisation in AD – NVP Energy, Energy from Food & Drink Industry Wastewater
- Making the Most of Digestate – Dorset Green Machines: Nutrient Recovery and PlantGrow: By Nature, For Nature
- Making the Most of Biogas – Granville Energy Supply & Edina, Biogas Innovation and Alternative Usage
- AD Hero of the Year – Edina Sales Manager Ian Farr
- AD Team of the Year – Uniflare Group
- Best AD Support (Technical) – CooperÖstlund, Setting the international standards for CHP excellence
- Best AD Support (Legal, Accounting, Consulting) – Fisher German LLP, Fisher German Renewable Energy Team
- Research Project Award – Perlemax Ltd, Desai-Zimmerman Anaerobic Digestion Cycle – Sustainably Intensified Anaerobic Digestion with Novel Biogas Sweetening
- Best Innovation in Biomethane – Cryo Pur, Greenville Bio-LNG plant
- AD Rising Star – Katie French of Privilege Finance
- Best Methane or Ammonia Emissions Management Project – J F Temple & Sons Ltd, Ammonia Emission Reduction at Copys Green Farm
- UK AD Plant Manager of the Year – Rob Greenow
- Best UK Food Waste AD Plant – Granville Ecopark
Notes for editors
Photo of winners of AD & Biogas Industry Awards 2018 attached for use.
AD & Biogas Industry Awards 2018 website: https://adbioresources.org/events/awards/
UK AD & World Biogas Expo
Anaerobic Digestion & Bioresources Association
World Biogas Association
Chris Noyce, PR & Parliamentary Affairs Executive, WBA
T: 020 3176 5441 E: email@example.com